Change the World and do Good
Ready to Make a Difference?
SimplyFundraisingCRM is Hiring! We are looking for motivated and battle tested nonprofit technology leaders to get in on the ground floor and change the world by helping nonprofits save time, increase communications, get expert fundraising advice, and ultimately raise more money for their mission.
Here’s our current openings to join our team:
Sales Director – Full Job Description
SimplyFundraisingCRM is looking for a high-energy, driven professional with natural sales instincts and nonprofit experience to join the company at the ground floor.
You will help build the sales funnel through prospecting new channel partnerships, articulating our value proposition with potential partners in a consultative, solutions-based sales approach. You see opportunity around every corner, approach sales with tenacity, and overcome objectives every day. This position reports to the CEO & Founder, Jon Biedermann.
We will provide the tools and technology to connect with decision-makers; it’s your job to convert those leads into opportunities and then closed sales. Constant daily tasks include scheduling and conducting demos, prospecting, lead management, deal negotiation, liaising with engineering on client needs, and all tasks related to closing sales and building a sustainable revenue stream for you and the business.
A successful individual in this position will proactively seek new opportunities to drive a growing pipeline and ultimately lead the Sales & Marketing department. You will be encouraged to grow into your role and own your work and utilize data to lead decision making. You will have the opportunity to take on leadership positions managing your own verticals, and ultimately be responsible for hiring additional sales resources as we grow and expand the business.
Below is a list of core, initial responsibilities associated with this position. This list is subject to expansion based on your interest, aptitudes, and performance. As a new and growing organization, we are committed to each employee’s growth in their individual role and help each person maximize their fulfillment in their role and department.
- Work with the senior leadership and marketing team to close business, optimize close rates, and continuously improve pipeline development.
- Be creative, find solutions, stay organized and engaged.
- Meet and exceed quota goals via existing channels and new prospects.
- Research accounts to identify contact information for key leads.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to further nurture leads into opportunities.
- Effectively communicate our value proposition to nonprofit executives, board members, and other decision makers.
- Independently assess prospect and customer needs and opportunities.
- Document all prospect/client activities in SimplyFundraisingCRM (The company is a fan of the software concept of ‘eating-your-own-dogfood’, though we certainly use other tools such as MailChimp, Slack, and Monday.com)
- Manage multiple short-term and long-term opportunities simultaneously.
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions using defined methods and tools.
- This position is a remote, work-from-home position, with some travel requirements for annual company retreats & industry conferences.
- Self Starter – takes initiative, and is always hungry to achieve and learn.
- Willing to take risks and accept the rewards that come with it.
- Experience utilizing a CRM (SalesForce, Hubspot, etc.) or preferably any Fundraising CRM or Donor Management software.
- At least 5 years of experience in technology sales; SaaS experience is required.
- Easily adaptable – not averse to change in a startup environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, sales-oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent communication, active listening skills and remote relationship building.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
- Have a passion for working with nonprofits and actively volunteer in your community.
- Retirement plan with regular and Roth options available + employer contribution.
- $100/month telecom reimbursement.
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees.
- Opportunity for professional development and to learn/increase experience with local and national nonprofit thought leaders, including the Association of Fundraising Professionals, #GivingTuesday, and the Giving Institute/Giving USA Foundation.
- Valuable work experience within a rapidly growing startup environment
- Unlimited PTO policy.
- Participation in employee stock ownership plan, and for the right candidate, a significant equity stake.
About SimplyFundraisingCRM and The Biedermann Group (parent company)
We are an integrated fundraising software company that helps nonprofits save time, increase communications, and raise more money for their mission. We’ve been in business since February of 2020 and launched our flagship product platform, SimplyFundraisingCRM one year later. We’re a technology-first team dedicated to building an approachable and adaptable platform that empowers everyone at a nonprofit to use fundraising software easily, simply, and affordably.
SimplyFundraisingCRM operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. Our company is fully remote with no physical office. We keep in touch with Slack, SimplyFundraisingCRM itself, and regular video conferences. We meet as a team once a week, and are required to connect with other staff members during standard US business hours, including remote personnel in Europe.
You can work from home, a coffee shop, the lake, the mountains, or the beach as long as the work gets done.
Made it this far? Here’s the process:
- Please send your contact information, a resume**, a cover letter, and a 100-200 word answer to the following question, “The reason I work with nonprofits and technology is….”
- Please send the information to email@example.com by August 10th.
- All applicants will be notified their information has been rec’d within 2 business days, and if they pass the first round, interviews will start the week of August 23.
- The goal is to hire and start by September 1st.
Questions about the position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
**- Please do not go overboard with the resume- if your LinkedIn profile is up to date that will be fine- we are much more interested in your cover letter and reason you want to make a difference.
Our Staff and Experts
We help you do more and save time
SimplyFundraising is the ultimate easy-to-use solution to track, thank, communicate, and report on donations and donors for small nonprofits.
Using modern & scalable software tools, AI, gamification, and embedded fundraising expertise, SimplyFundraising saves time, increases revenue, and improves communication and relationships with the entire community of staff, board members, donors, and volunteers.